Monday 12 September 2011

Urgh, Mondays

Today is a bit of a weird one. Thankfully it is no longer raining but the wind is absolutely brutal! We are told the UK is being hit by the tail end of Hurricane Katia, although for us the wind is nowhere near hurricane force. Normally the appearance of the sun cheers me up no end but this time it just isn't happening.

My neighbour kindly offered to take the kids to school on her way to work and pick them up later, which basically gives me a free day. So i've been presented with the opportunity to attack my list of jobs yet just can't get going!

So far, i have moped around and tidied a little and finally got around to using my dropbox. This increased my motivation slightly but the daily job search killed that off. It's always best to get that out of the way early so that i have plenty of time for the application process. No need of that today though as the search was completely fruitless.

Now i know i will be down for the rest of the day and i hate that. As a result it is lunchtime and i am still sat on the sofa in my pyjamas! Plus The Sugarbabes are miming on This Morning which is enough to depress anyone.

Today's stage of the Tour of Britain was something to look forward to but the weather has led to that being cancelled. The men's final of the US Open will be good later but i'll probably miss it while filling my role as family taxi driver. Plus Murray isn't in it either.

Sadly it is one of those days where i should have just stayed in bed. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment