Tuesday 6 September 2011

My Saturday

So this is my first blog and i don't really know what I'm doing but here goes. Anyone who knows me is used to me rattling on about various sporting events because there really isn't much that i don't watch. It would take me forever to talk about every single one though so I've picked my trip to the football.

Saturday afternoon meant the visit of Macclesfield to Plainmoor which i was nervous about as our attacking options had taken a bit of a dent recently. Mark was off out with his friends for the day so it was just me and Emma going to the match.

Managing her pre-match enthusiasm is normally all i have to deal with but this week brought all new issues when the main road was closed, due to a freak accident involving power lines and cornfields! Of course this meant that i had no clue where i was going!! In a moment of panic i noticed that the man in front was wearing yellow and thought that maybe he was heading for Torquay too so i turned off and followed him.

Theoretically he could have been just driving home but i tailed him down roads i never knew existed and miraculously ended up where i wanted to be.

So we made it to the match in plenty of time and had the pleasure of witnessing a 3-0 Gulls victory. This was a huge relief as i would not have appreciated going through the trauma of getting there just to see them lose!

Getting home was just as difficult and time consuming but it didn't seem quite so bad after the fabulous performance from our team plus my baby made it into the matchday magazine which made her day.

In my opinion a Saturday just doesn't feel right without watching the football and coming home with no voice and aching arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment