Tuesday 7 October 2014

Don't Poop on my Parade!

Monday afternoon,at 2pm, I had a job interview.

At present,  I'm a care worker, out in the field but for 3 weeks I've been doing paperwork in the office.  When the job as Branch Co-ordinator was advertised I wasn't sure whether to apply because I have no idea how the computer system works or how to do half of the things involved in the job. After much consideration i figured that I may as well have a go.  What's the worst that could happen?  It's not as if I don't have a job now.

So, my cv was jazzed up a bit from 2 years ago, when I last used it, and emailed off to recruitment.  In all honesty,  even getting an interview was an achievement in my eyes,  given my lack of experience. 
Despite feeling like I had nothing to lose, the hours leading up to 2pm, left me slightly frazzled.  Nervous was not the word!

The actual interview is a bit of a blur.  Steve,  the HR Director,  was very friendly but, for some bizarre reason, I couldn't stop myself from talking!  I was chattering away and gesticulating like someone possessed!!!! Coming out an hour later I felt it had gone terribly.  I was so disappointed in myself and felt like I'd come across as a bit of a crazy person.

At work this morning,  I discovered that the decision had been made yesterday and that Steve would be calling everyone today. My close friend, Esa, is our manager in the south west so she knew who had the job but wasn't allowed to tell me! That must have been so difficult for her.

Imagine my extreme surprise when I received the call offering me the position!!! Naturally,  I was proud and astonished that he'd seen past my verbal diarrhoea! I don't start until the new year but I'll have to train before then,  of course.

Everyone in the office and the majority of the carers have been really happy for me bar one. He has been at Ark for a long time and can be weird but we've always got along ok. He found out that I was successful and immediately "unfriended" me on Facebook!  Not only that but has completely blocked me! His lack of friendship doesn't particularly bother me but his attitude really got up my nose. Why couldn't he just be happy for me?  Everyone knows that life has not been fun and games for me lately and I really needed the boost but instead he has been a total moron and put a right dampener on my good mood. How pathetic can one person be?

I refuse to let anyone make me feel bad though.  I work hard and earned this chance all on my own so he can just do one! So, to anyone who feels threatened or put out by my success, I say "Keep it to yourself and don't poop on my parade!"

No comments:

Post a Comment